September 17, 2010 § Leave a comment
A while ago, I joined the friend friday community hosted by Modly Chic. The point is to enable fashion bloggers express their thoughts by answering few questions. This is my first friend friday post. Let’s see how it goes.
1. When it comes to outfit posts on your own blog, be honest are they what you actually wore that day?
I’m not an outfit blogger so this question doesn’t apply to me.
2. For a fashion blogger, working in a corporate environment can be tricky. How do you mesh your day job with your personal style choices?
I’m a student studying Marketing/Management (so I’m going to consider that as a ‘day job’). It can be tricky at times. For instance, my collegues dress very professional and serious … that isn’t my dress code. Even though ‘minimalism’ is the ‘it’ trend for winter (at least, in my eyes). I try as much to stay true to my style but also blend in with others. For instance, I took down my mohawk. We’ll see how things goes. Uni only started 3 days ago. :)
3. When you get dressed in the morning, do you think what should I wear to work or what should I wear for the blog?
What I should wear to work, seeing as I’m not an outfit blogger.
4. Do professionals you interact with ever make comments about your clothing choices?
I know some people love my shoes and outfit. But I’ve had some negative comments too. Many girls aren’t really fond of seeing other girls in mini dresses or skirts. A girl I just met at uni told me that she wouldn’t dare wear a dress as short as mine out of fear of being looked down by people. I don’t see the fuss about mini dresses, as long as the backside isn’t showing. Plus, I always have a coat that’s a little longer than my outfits in general.
5. Some bloggers openly admit to wearing outfits only for the blog post. What’s your opinion on that?
I had no idea people did that. If a blogger (let’s call her Jessie), If Jessie went shopping and is really excited about her purchase and wanted to share it with her readers and decides to do a ‘photoshoot’ or whatever you call it, that’s OK. But if Jessie ONLY wears her killer outfits for blog post, I’ll consider it as fishy. Is Jessie too embarrassed to post her real style? What’s her style? Potato bag outfits? Why is she too embarrassed? Yeah no, I wouldn’t read her blog at all. Now I know why I’ve always prefered outfit bloggers who post pictures of their outfits when in social gatherings and NOT only in their bedroom or in front of the same wall.